Disadvantages of Css-in-Js ?
Play this article
I am a big fan of
styled-components but in this article i want to discuss about disadvantages of using CSS-in-JS.
- Difficulty to learn for the devs who are new to react syntax.
- The class names themselves are dynamically generated, too, essentially breaking caching as things can change between builds/renders.
- Css-in-js parses all the style definitions into plain vanilla CSS and put everything inside
index.htmlfile. This will increase html file size.
- Adds lots of unnecessary code while parsing to vanilla css.
- Browser will not start interpreting the styles until styled-components has parsed them and added them to the DOM, which slows down rendering.
- Most of the UI libraries and frameworks won't support this approach.
- We can't use other css utilities like SCSS, LESS and PostCSS.